[Vision2020] Civility is a two-way street

g. crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Thu Dec 20 20:11:56 PST 2007

My Heavens, Mr. Moffett is having an extraordinarily difficult time letting
this tired subject go. Goodness knows I'm sure your "concern" is of
monumental import for some (well you mainly) but it is equally a waste of
time. I take your opinions and recriminations  as seriously as your dire
anthropogenic climate change doom predictions. That is to say they are
chuckled over then discarded out of hand.

On that note, please see:

 US Senate Committee on Environment & Public Works

"Over 400 prominent scientists from more than two dozen countries recently
voiced significant objections to major aspects of the so-called "consensus"
on man-made global warming. These scientists, many of whom are current and
former participants in the UN IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate
Change), criticized the climate claims made by the UN IPCC and former Vice
President Al Gore.

The new report issued by the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee's
office of the GOP Ranking Member details the views of the scientists, the
overwhelming majority of whom spoke out in 2007.

Even some in the establishment media now appears to be taking notice of the
growing number of skeptical scientists. In October, the Washington Post
Staff Writer Juliet Eilperin conceded the obvious, writing that climate
skeptics "appear to be expanding rather than shrinking." Many scientists
from around the world have dubbed 2007 as the year man-made global warming
fears "bites the dust." (LINK)

This blockbuster Senate report lists the scientists by name, country of
residence, and academic/institutional affiliation.  It also features their
own words, biographies, and weblinks to their peer reviewed studies and
original source materials as gathered from public statements, various news
outlets, and websites in 2007. This new "consensus busters" report is poised
to redefine the debate."

I imagine I can hear the responses already. The melodic shrieking of "Hacks"
"Corporate Shills," and "Propaganda." If the standard response is going to
be another round of "we're right and you suck" along with a rousing chorus
of "our scientists are more brainy  then yours," please save it for the like
minded at the coffee shop. Your current argument suffers for its endless
repetition and diminishing credibility.