[Vision2020] Scientist James Lovelock: 'Only Nuclear Power Can Now Halt Global Warming'

Dave tiedye at turbonet.com
Tue Dec 18 09:58:48 PST 2007

Funny this should hit the "news" and thus this list right now (actually
it's not funny since it was obviously arranged). This was the subject of
one of Amy's segments on Democracy Now! yesterday. There is $25 billion
of our money to be appropriated for corporate welfare to the nuke
industry in the current spending bill.

Personally I feel no industry should be allowed to exist if it knows not
what to do with its waste, period!

A quote from her guest, Mr. Harvey Wasserman:
> And there’s absolutely no demand for new nuclear plants. There’s no
> reason to build them. They don’t work. Even with optimum conditions of
> licensing and so on, they couldn’t get a reactor online for another
> ten years. They’ve been saying the nuclear power plants are a solution
> to the global warming problem; we know they make global warming worse.
> You know, it’s a total scam. And they are continuing to take of
> taxpayer money, public money, to build reactors where we don’t need
> that kind of financing for wind, for solar, for tidal, geothermal, the
> other forms of green energy, which can be community-controlled.
(I think there is a typo in the last sentence)

Here's the link:

http://www.democracynow.org/shows/2007/12/17

Dave
a.k.a. dave, info, music, and krfp -at- krfp
(It's been suggested that I shouldn't post anything but announcements
with my KRFP account, and they are probably right. So now I receive 2X
the V2020 posts, plus all the spam of our two public accounts receive
because they are on the web, plus about five radio lists, sigh. )