[Vision2020] The Buried Story of the Steroid Scandal (Bob Schieffer)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Dec 16 10:08:40 PST 2007

Reread the last few lines, Mr. Rumelhart.

"Who do we blame for that? Where are they getting it? How can their parents
and even coaches NOT know?

That's where the follow-up stories should begin."

Those are the important questions that MUST be answered.

For the past several years high school and college athletes have been under
the impression that it is OK to "cheat the system", that the benefits in
doing so come in multi-million dollar contracts.

BALCO, along with the physicians that illegally provide steroids to
athletes, should be criminally charged, and the athletes who knowingly use
illegal performance-enhancing drugs dismissed from professional sports.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)