[Vision2020] Time Warner/Roadrunner & Email Problems (was RE: The Responses from Atwood Continue)

Saundra Lund sslund at roadrunner.com
Wed Dec 5 22:17:55 PST 2007

Hi Nick,

Sorry to hijack your thread.

In part, you wrote:
"I'm resending this because for some reason it did not appear in my in-box."

Noticing your email address and assuming you sent the original from the same email address and addressed it properly, that "some reason" would almost certainly be another example of the ongoing intermittent email send & delivery delay and failure problems Time Warner/Roadrunner is continuing to have.

They have been absolutely aware of this intermittent problem for well over a month now and there is no resolution in sight since they cannot find the problem.  In fact, the recent tendency (as of tonight) is to deny there *is* a problem.  Needless to say, that isn't sitting well with me, nor is their failure to resolve the problem.

I would suggest that those of us who are former Adelphia / current Time Warner customers try to pay particular attention to email.  Because it's an intermittent problem, it's difficult to spot.  For instance, I sent an email at 7:05 AM that has yet to show up and another at 7:06 AM that has failed to show up.  Emails sent at 7:08 AM & 7:17 AM went right through.  Yesterday, an email was sent to several people at 6:38 PM that didn't show up until sometime after 1 AM today -- everyone with a non-adelphia/roadrunner email addy received it in a timely.  The only reason I knew to look for it was because I received a response at 8:PM to the original (which I'd not received).

Gary Crabtree reported a similar problem last week.

In any case, for those of us with Time Warner/Roadrunner email addys, try to pay particular attention to your email and don't hesitate to call Time Warner to complain when you notice a problem.  If anyone wants to contact me offlist, I'd be happy to share my two latest ticket numbers for you to reference when you call on the hope that once they get enough complaints, they'll really address the problem.

Personally, I'm about at my wit's end after dealing with this with no resolution for over a month.  I'm getting ready to bail on Time Warner altogether . . . but that's a topic for another email  :-)

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.
~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2007 through life plus 70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum without the express written permission of the author.*****

I'm resending this because for some reason it did not appear in my in-box.

<snip>