[Vision2020] Craig's official statement

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Thu Aug 30 21:21:38 PDT 2007

Donovan says that Craig is "being removed because he is Gay." I don't think that Craig will be removed, though I wouldn't bet on it. And I agree with Donovan that if he is removed, it is because he is gay.

--
Joe Campbell

---- Donovan Arnold <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:

=============
Rev. Keely,

  He is being removed for being Gay. He is not the only Senator that is a hypocrite, an adulator,or influence peddler. He is the only Senator that is labeled gay, and those things. And he is being removed. If a guy is gay and a hypocrite, he gets removed from office, but if he is straight and a hypocrite then he gets to stay. You are singling out Craig for similar crimes as everyone else, but making him pay because he has the added sin that he is gay. That is discrimination, and you know it. If Craig was caught cheating with a woman in a public restroom we would not be having this conversation, and it would not be on the news like it is today, and you know it.

  Second, I don't think Craig is a hypocrite. Maybe an ass, an egotistical ass, that is often on the wrong side of social issues. But, even if he is gay, which he likely is not, by the definition that would assign being gay, someone that exclusively likes men sexually, he can still believe that Gay marriage is wrong. Many people that are married engage in homosexual behavior regret it, and think it is wrong. They think they have fallen to sin, not that they are gay. They think they are sinners, not homosexuals.

  Donovan

keely emerinemix <kjajmix1 at msn.com> wrote:
      .hmmessage P  {  margin:0px;  padding:0px  }  body.hmmessage  {  FONT-SIZE: 10pt;  FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }    Being gay, Donovan, is not the same as being a hypocrite, adulterer, or influence-peddler.  Those are the reasons Craig will be gone, and they are as true as they are sad.  Surely you wouldn't suggest that all homosexual men are like Craig?

keely

"God works patiently and deeply, but often in hidden ways, in the mess of our humanity and history."
--Eugene Peterson