[Vision2020] Craig's official statement

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Aug 29 07:08:49 PDT 2007

Craig's political platform would have stood considerably more firm, both
socially and ethically, had he stated at the outset, "I am Larry Craig.  I
am gay and against same-sex marriages, recognizing homosexual hate crimes, .
. . "

Apparently, Craig felt that honest, ethical behavior would have cost him
some votes and, more importantly, access to the Republican "cookie jar", and
decided that living a lie would be more self-serving.

I, as well as almost all of us, was hoping that Senator Larry Craig would
act honestly, ethically, and morally, but, as you say . . .

What the heck could I have been thinking...

But, apparently he preferred

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"People who ridicule others while hiding behind anonymous monikers in
chat-room forums are neither brave nor clever."

- Latah County Sheriff Wayne Rausch (August 21, 2007)

  _____