[Vision2020] music and books

Sue Hovey suehovey at moscow.com
Mon Aug 27 23:09:43 PDT 2007

Great recommendations.  Hosseini's characters are strong and  compelling--or revolting as need be.  I like that he writes so well about females as well as males.

I would also recommend "The Desert Queen" and "The Speckled Monster"  The first is the story of Gertrude Bell who is credited with drawing the borders of Iraq after WW I.  The second is the history of smallpox innoculation.  Both are well worth the time they take.

And by the way,  Jess Walter, the author of "Citizen Vince" will be speaking at the U of I Commons at 7:30 PM, Dec 1.  An added note, his sister is the public librarian in Colfax.

I, too, think Josh is great.

Sue H.