[Vision2020] dissing Sly?

Bruce and Jean Livingston jeanlivingston at turbonet.com
Mon Aug 27 16:30:29 PDT 2007

For the record, "Family Affair" is not one of the best songs by Sly and the Family Stone.  No cherry picking lesser items when trying to discount this group, Keely.  When discussing the greatness of Sly and the Family Stone, let's focus on Dance to the Music, I Want to Take You Higher, Sing a Simple Song, If You Want me to Stay (one of the five greatest bass lines of all time), and Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin).

I agree that Elvis Costello is a genius, though still amazed that he managed to hook up with Diana Krall.

Where do you stand on "Train in Vain" by the Clash?