[Vision2020] Soles Hundreds of Feet Thick: Visualizing Economic Inequality in America

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Aug 23 15:45:48 PDT 2007

Brilliant.  And very, very sad.

The Church can genuflect at the altar of the free enterprise system or the altar of Christ, but not both.  Any compromise results in the demeaning of the Gospel and the disenfranchising of millions of Americans and a Christian society more horrified that decent people would mention it than they are that it -- wrenching, grinding, defeating, soul-shattering poverty -- even exists.

keely

"Patriarchy and its abuses, including the alienation of woman and man from each other, resulted from the material demands of life outside of the Creator's abundance,  a state God never intended human beings to experience in the first place ... Redemption means turning over the order of things in the fallen world."
-- Dr. Carrie Miles