[Vision2020] Admitted Pedophile Arrested Near Day Care Center

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 19:06:50 PDT 2007

That leads to an interesting question.  It's this sanctity of the mind
thing.  If a person fantasizes about something illegal, should they be
treated as if they had done something illegal?  As far as I'm aware,
there are no laws against being attracted to underage children.  Acting
on that attraction is obviously illegal, but simply thinking about it is
not.  Nor are there laws against blogging about your fantasies.  I'm
speaking of the legality here, by the way, not the morality.

Shouldn't you be able to think what you like, even if those thoughts
would lead to illegal actions if ever acted upon?

I'm aware that this person had a restraining order that he violated, I'm
just speaking generally here.

I just don't want to live in a world where your very thoughts can get
you arrested.

Paul