[Vision2020] Trinity Festival protest

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue Aug 14 08:53:20 PDT 2007

There's another saying, Gary, that goes, "All things in their own time."  I think you're forgetting that they don't feel free to do the "action" thing now -- but have every expectation to when the time is right for good ol' Christian patriarchal dominion to take center stage.And, by the way, words are horrific as well.  I know of a man on this list who's still reeling from Joan Opyr's frustration-driven-but-still-in-jest promise to levy a well-placed kick in the groin.  It's evidently had quite the impact on him.  Words can, indeed, have enormous effect.keelyFrom: jampot at roadrunner.comTo: joekc at adelphia.netDate: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 06:52:22 -0700CC: vision2020 at moscow.comSubject: Re: [Vision2020] Trinity Festival protest

Mr. Campbell,

There is a big difference between how people ARE
treated and how someone might feel after misinterpreting (or having it
misinterpreted for them) any given message. One you have direct control over and
are completely responsible for the other is left in the hands of the recipient
to do with what they will. If they decide to "feel" bad I'm afraid that there is
little to be done for it. As I have said before, it's my understanding that
Mr. Wilson's congregation is made up of a variety of people including minorities
and homosexuals. (a recent interview in the LMT on seminary student Chris Morris
leaps immediately to mind)

There's an old saying that periodically makes the
rounds that states "actions speak louder than words." I think that this
particularly applies when the words have been manipulated by others to stir up
the maximum level of foment. On the other hand the actions that I have been
able to see with my own two eyes lead me to believe that the community in
question is ultimately benign.

If you want to make an effective case against this
group, stop reinterpreting fellow detractors reinterpretations of books,
articles and news stories and point to solid evidence of the horrors that you
claim are occurring on a daily basis. I'm guessing that while you and yours are
long on rhetoric your short on specifics. Till you can turn that equation around
I'm afraid that it's you that is "irrelevant."