[Vision2020] ethanol and water

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 08:04:25 PDT 2007

Thankfully, water is a renewable resource.  It falls from the sky, for
gods sakes.  70% of our planet is covered by it, up to thousands of feet
in depth.  I realize that it still has to be managed locally and that
most of it needs to be desalinated, but it's producing something that
will help wean us off of a terribly polluting substance that is dug up
from the ground and is not renewable on time scales less than millions
of years.  There are no magic solutions.  Everything affects everything
else.

How much water goes into the production of a Chef's salad at your
favorite restaurant?

Paul