[Vision2020] Only Christians Need Apply???

g. crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Sat Aug 11 09:46:16 PDT 2007

Ms. Huskey emotes:

"Like Saundra, I am very concerned that our sheriff believes that carrying
concealed weapons is an effective way to control crime.  It is hard to
imagine that an untrained, armed civilian on-looker is able to assess and
react appropriately in any crime situation which involves a loaded gun. What
a recipe for disaster!  I hope that knowledgeable folks on this chat group
will do the necessary research to determine if, on a broader scale, it is
the position of law enforcement professionals that civilians with concealed
gun permits are a help or a hindrance to them."

Nobody carries concealed so that they can apprehend shoplifters and
jaywalkers. They don't carry because they imagine themselves junior cops or
sheriffs deputies. They carry because there are times when harm to that
person, that person's loved ones, or innocents in his presence are in
immediate danger and the law enforcement official is many minutes away.
Sheriff Rausch understands this concept and does not expect a qualified
person to stand idly by and suffer great bodily harm or death so that folks
like you and Ms. Lund can have some spurious sense of well being. Anyone who
has been through the training to qualify to carry concealed knows (and I do
mean KNOWS, as it's a concept that's repeated over and over) that if you use
your weapon, your life will change drastically and not for the better. Even
if the shot you take is as justified as could possibly be you will be second
guessed by the media, law enforcement, and folks such as yourselves. You
will be sued, and you will be risking incarceration or worse. Even a cop or
a deputy is subject to this. the major difference is that you won't have the
resources of a county or municipality to back you up. It will all be on you.
When you draw you are making a choice between two really bad options.You
have to know that the only thing that could make your choice worth while is
an innocent human life, a friends, a family members, or your own was on the
line. As to the opinion of the broader professional law enforcement
community and their position on CWP's, I couldn't care less. When it's me or
my families lives that are in danger they won't be the ones bleeding and
crying.