[Vision2020] Idaho budget surplus

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Aug 9 09:19:45 PDT 2007

It annoys me to no end that a man who spends far too much time in front of a computer, lighting up the screens of a few hundred people with vitriol and sarcasm to which he shamelessly signs his name, would suggest that someone running for public office would do so just to see his name in print.keely"Were I to be again reduced to the chains of slavery, next to that enslavement, I should regard being the slave of a religious master the greatest calamity that could befall me.  For of all slaveholders whom whom I have ever met, religious slaveholders re the worst.  I have ever found the meanest and basest, the most cruel and cowardly, of all others.  It was my unhappy lot not only to belong to a religious slaveholder, but to live in a community of such religionists."  Frederick Douglass, abolitionist, feminist, and former slaveDate: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 21:43:43 -0700From: donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.comTo: sbasoa at moscow.comCC: vision2020 at moscow.comSubject: Re: [Vision2020] Idaho budget surplusSteven,     Linda Pall has done a lot posititive things for this community. But I do believe she said she would not run again and part of the reason I supported her political resurection. She also said she would bring up and support passing city legislation to end discrimination against gays and lesbians in the community and in city jobs. She has not held up to that commitment.      I don't see Aaron Ament doing any good for the community.      I think Dan runs just to see his name in print.      Best,     DonovanSteven Basoa <sbasoa at moscow.com> wrote:  Donovan, there are other ways to look at it.  I commend them for being willing to take the time and energy to serve a public need: that of
 keeping the city running smoothly, efficiently and growing in a positive way.  Whether you agree with their platforms or their accomplishments is another story.  The fact is, they are willing to make the intensive commitment to do a relatively thankless job.  My hat's off to them.  I know I wouldn't want to do it.    SB      If you don't like the candidates, you should find someone else to run.  I know you are familiar with campaigning    On Aug 8, 2007, at 7:40 PM, Donovan Arnold wrote:  Well perpetual candidate Dan, you did suggest that we should give the money to highways first and disabled children last. : )     I don't think you hate disabled children Dan. I just don't think you want them living next door
 to your property, lowering its value and being noisy and all that stuff disabled kids do to the poor home owners in the area. I don't need to convince anyone of my opinion, they can just look at the minutes for city council meeting and let them draw their own conclusions.      It looks like Linda Pall and Aaron Ament are right behind you in declaring their candidacy for City Council. This will be neat having three people all running for the city council for the third time together, doncha think?! Nothing like having the same old faces running again and again for the same office again and again. I think they are going to make templates for city council elections with these three names on them permanently engraved.         Best,     Donovan=======================================================List services made available by
 First Step Internet, serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994. http://www.fsr.net mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com=======================================================