[Vision2020] Monstrous Regiment!

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Sun Aug 5 08:35:53 PDT 2007

Finally -- we know what Doug Farris thinks.  Not what Doug Farris' pastor, elders, favorite bloggers, Fox News, World Magazine or Phyllis Schlafly thinks, but what Doug thinks.I disagree with virtually everything he says -- although I am NOT in favor of having homeschoolers register with the state -- and I'm grateful that he wrote.  I don't particularly like him or what he believes, but I appreciate those who just say it, rather than hint, murmur, erupt in sound bites or cryptically hide behind pseudonyms.The video clip is fascinating, in its own way, and I'm sure I'll vindicate Farris' belief that feminists all wake up with a chip on their shoulders.  But the absurdity of someone suggesting that the goal of sex education in high school was always to persuade each girl to have a few abortions between the ages of 13 and 18 requires either a chip on the shoulder in response, or a tolerance for bad comedy that I just don't have.keely"And these women that you spit on as they try to change their worlds/Are immune to your consultations . . . they're quite aware of what they're going through"(With apologies to David Bowie)> To: kjajmix1 at msn.com; vision2020 at moscow.com> Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Monstrous Regiment!> Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 02:16:14 -0400> From: heirdoug at netscape.net> > Keely,> > Shouldn't you be at a family reunion or something. I am glad that I can > provide such entertainment value during such a boring time in you life > with all of your reading and such.> > To answer your post I have to preface it by saying that my wonderful, > quiver full minded, gracious wife of 25 years, showed me the u-tube > "inflammatory bit o' media" in the first place. I don't typically go > looking for anti-egalitarian, anti-feminist material. I didn't major in > Womens Studies in college.> > I would rather talk about how the liberal, intolerant, "public school > for all and at all costs", crowd who want to justify additional jobs > and offices by having the home school folks report to the local school > district "Reichsmarschall". The local school district will then have > need for these additional staff and resources and thus more money in > their piggy bank just like the New York public school system. That is > the underlying motivation behind day time curfews and truancy laws and > "attendance records for drivers license" laws that we now have. "Keep > the children in the seats past the age of 16, so that we don't loose > any public funds for empty seats." Follow the money trail.> > How is that for a topic? I tried to get you to comment on it off list > but you ignored me. So here you go! I'm sure your tongue and keyboard > will overflow out of the wellspring of your heart with additional > sarcasm and venom as it has in your previous posts.> > lemeno, Doug> > > > > > -----Original Message-----> > From: keely emerinemix <kjajmix1 at msn.com>> > To: heirdoug at netscape.net; vision2020 at moscow.com> > Sent: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 9:25 pm> > Subject: RE: [Vision2020] Monstrous Regiment!> > > > Doug, have you ever in your life had an original idea, stated an > opinion all of your own, or suggested a topic for discussion that > didn't have some inflammatory bit o' media as its starting point?> > Would you like to discuss the many ways equality, victimization, > feminism and activism play out in the lives of women?  Are you > interested in telling us what you think about patriarchy vs. > egalitarianism?  Do you have an experience, anecdote, or insight that > has caused an evolution of thought or a shift in perspective regarding > culture, gender, or sexuality?  For that matter, would you care to > offer all on your own a summary of religious right conservatism and its > approach to society?  Or maybe share with us how these things affect > your wife?> > I may disagree with your point, should you ever develop one, but would > you meet me halfway and work up something that doesn't originate from > someone else?  Perhaps it could go like this:  "I think women are never > so victimized as they are by feminism, and society is better off when > men and women remain content in their Biblically prescribed roles in > the home, church and family."  I'd debate you with enthusiasm, knowing, > at least, that you were capable of developing, stating, and defending a > position.  Any response other than what I've written here to your movie > suggestion> > addresses Phyllis Schlafly and her lady friends, not you.  I found her > silly, irrelevant,> > and tiresome 30 years ago.  You can weave together a position that > would invite honest discussion . . . can't you?> > I can't decide if you're like a worn-out, pitted, carelessly hung cork > bulletin board or a flashy, flickering neon light outside a seedy > motel, but surely you're able to do something other than channel the > thoughts of other people.  Send the link if you believe in it so > strongly, but rather than just lobbing it into the crowd and then > running to hide behind a full skirt or a full quiver, could you stay in > the circle and engage with people?  Because, gosh, it looks a little > less than manly to argue your most> > deeply held beliefs via YouTube, and I know you're quite concerned> > about such.> > > > keely> > > ________________________________________________________________________> Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail -- Unlimited storage and > industry-leading spam and email virus protection.