[Vision2020] Monstrous Regiment!

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Sat Aug 4 21:25:34 PDT 2007

Doug, have you ever in your life had an original idea, stated an opinion all of your own, or suggested a topic for discussion that didn't have some inflammatory bit o' media as its starting point?Would you like to discuss the many ways equality, victimization, feminism and activism play out in the lives of women?  Are you interested in telling us what you think about patriarchy vs. egalitarianism?  Do you have an experience, anecdote, or insight that has caused an evolution of thought or a shift in perspective regarding culture, gender, or sexuality?  For that matter, would you care to offer all on your own a summary of religious right conservatism and its approach to society?  Or maybe share with us how these things affect your wife?I may disagree with your point, should you ever develop one, but would you meet me halfway and work up something that doesn't originate from someone else?  Perhaps it could go like this:  "I think women are never so victimized as they are by feminism, and society is better off when men and women remain content in their Biblically prescribed roles in the home, church and family."  I'd debate you with enthusiasm, knowing, at least, that you were capable of developing, stating, and defending a position.  Any response other than what I've written here to your movie suggestion
addresses Phyllis Schlafly and her lady friends, not you.  I found her silly, irrelevant,
and tiresome 30 years ago.  You can weave together a position that would invite honest discussion . . . can't you?I can't decide if you're like a worn-out, pitted, carelessly hung cork bulletin board or a flashy, flickering neon light outside a seedy motel, but surely you're able to do something other than channel the thoughts of other people.  Send the link if you believe in it so strongly, but rather than just lobbing it into the crowd and then running to hide behind a full skirt or a full quiver, could you stay in the circle and engage with people?  Because, gosh, it looks a little less than manly to argue your most
deeply held beliefs via YouTube, and I know you're quite concerned
about such. keely"And these women that you spit on as they try to change their worlds/Are immune to your consultations . . . they're quite aware of what they're going through"(With apologies to David Bowie)> To: vision2020 at moscow.com> Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 21:51:41 -0400> From: heirdoug at netscape.net> Subject: [Vision2020] Monstrous Regiment!> > Dear Visionaires,> > > > I thought some of you all might want to catch this movie coming to a > theater near you this year.> > > > Enjoy> > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MNI3-oL4Ck> ________________________________________________________________________> Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail -- Unlimited storage and > industry-leading spam and email virus protection.> > =======================================================>  List services made available by First Step Internet, >  serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994.   >                http://www.fsr.net                       >           mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com> =======================================================