[Vision2020] Trinity Festival protest

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Fri Aug 3 14:33:50 PDT 2007

Of course, most of the people gathering in Friendship Square tonight have been to planning and zoning meetings, as have many of the Kirk. That's what makes things so frustrating.

I agree with you and with Nick, though, that protesting the Kenworthy goes too far. Mind you, I have not talked to anyone about this, so I don't know why one would want to do such a thing. Of course, if it turns out that play about Spinoza makes insulting comments about him, that might be enough to make me protest. Philosophers have got to stick together!

Lastly, I didn't want to suggest, by noting the history of the NSA, that a Cathedral downtown would be illegal. I don't know one way or the other. There are other issues to consider, though.

Best, Joe

---- Paul Rumelhart <godshatter at yahoo.com> wrote:

It sounds like people should be protesting at the zoning and planning
commission then or what ever body it is that allows these things to
happen instead of at a gathering of their followers.  That makes more
sense to me than disturbing an event that will have families with
children who are simply trying their best to have a good time.

I do understand that you have no intention of disturbing their festival,
I'm just talking generally here.

Paul