[Vision2020] Trinity Festival protest

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 09:22:14 PDT 2007

Saundra,

I admit that I don't like that they can apparently do as they wish
downtown.  I don't know if they have the right people as part of their
church, or if they have some kind of influence they shouldn't have.
Maybe the rules aren't as clear-cut as we'd like to think and they are
simply using existing loopholes.  I don't know.

I also disagree with not only their theology but their idea that they
are above the law.  That's one of the dangers of organized religion of
any type.  When you have God on your side, or so you think, you tend to
think you are special.  I would be condemned to death if their biblical
society ever came to be because of my past studying of the occult and
because I'm not a professing Christian.  Yet, they aren't pushing for
laws to do that.  So it's just talk.

It's a case of "hate the sin, love the sinner".  The individual Christ
Church members, especially those that aren't elders, should be treated
with the respect due anyone else.  What I'm objecting to here, I've come
to realize, is barging in on their festival.  You have lots of kind
people (at least the ones I've met), simply having fun.  They have their
families there, their children are playing together, etc.  Why target
them with this protest?  Let them have their fun.

Now, as has been pointed out to me, if people have protested the
officials in Moscow that appeared to allow the rules to be bent or
broken and nothing has come of it - then what do you do?  I say,
whatever you do, leave the individual Christ Church members alone unless
you are talking about the guys that make the decisions there.  Take up
your fight, again, with the powers that be in Moscow.  Talk to the press
(again).

Just make sure that it's their undue influence that you are protesting
and not their theological beliefs.  They have the right to believe as
they wish, it's their actions that have to be looked at.  If they ever
start trying to pass laws that state that heathens or gays or adulterers
should be executed, then I'll be right beside you to fight it.

Paul