[Vision2020] Fw: NEW DOWNWINDER BILL INCLUDES IDAHO, MONTANA

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Thu Aug 2 09:40:19 PDT 2007

I have mixed feelings about this bill. I think that those that those who are truly affected by radiation fallout should be compensated. The problem is anyone with a problem could make a claim and how do you prove if it is valid or not. I do know that there was a lot of fallout. I was TDY to the Atomic Energy Commission in July of 1962. I worked with Beagle dogs. The were placed at 5, 10, 15 and 20 miles from the site of the blast. The purpose was to check the internal organs of the dogs for radiation. I was with the dogs at 15 miles from the blast. Within 20 minutes we were covered with dust. We did not have on protective clothing or masks and our eyes were full of dust. We received as much radiation as the dogs. I am still alive and kicking at 69, so as far as I know I don't have a problem due to this one time exposure. I think that those who had a prolonged exposure could vary well have a problem. Some of those who lived downwind could have a problem due to long term exspo!
 sure, but
how do you know which claims are valid?
I flew over the crator in a helicopter about an hour after the blast. It left a hole about 1/4 of a mile wide and 1/2  mile deep. This waa callled the sudan project, which was a part of project plowshare. It was to test the use of underground blasts for peaceful purposes, such as digging harbors.
Roger