[Vision2020] Loyalty tests? NO.

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 29 11:02:23 PDT 2007

The person who wrote this:

'Have you freed any more child molesters in the name of JUSTICE Sunil?
Hopefully they will all hang themselves first like that one guy, what was
his name? Of course he could have just hung himself on hearing you were
going to be his attorney. That would be an understandable action.'

accuses me of creeping him out.  It's clear he has no shame.  I sat with
that man's family as their son, their brother, was in the ICU.  I saw the
pain in their faces.  I find Arnold's comment contemptible.  They tell me
all I need to know about him.

Those sentences will always say more about his character and mental health
than they ever will about me.  And frankly, he hides behind his mental
health as an alibi for the ugliness he spews here.

To be clear, I owe Donovan Arnold nothing.  I don't know him and don't care
to.  And he sure as hell doesn't know me.

Arnold began his ad hominum attacks on me because I do not share his opinion
about the article by Lt. Col. Paul Yingling.  A political disagreement with
him has led to his crypto-racist attacks on me.  And when those started, I
knew it was only a matter of time before the quote above, or something like
it, appeared.  If he hasn't already accused me of defending terrorists, that
will be next.  Rather than discuss ideas, Donovan will continue his ugly
attacks, because that seems to be all he is capable of doing.

I do not believe loyalty tests are necessary before making a political
statement, and I refuse to meet Arnold's absurd demands that I meet his
insulting standard.   I do not mistake criticism for an administration that
I believe is demolishing the core values of my country as criticism for my
country.  Only a fool or a scoundrel would attack a man's patriotism for not
walking in lockstep with the administration.

Sunil