[Vision2020] Army Officer Accuses His Generals of Iraq Failures

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Apr 28 11:31:55 PDT 2007

Arnold grumbles:

"So then Sunil, you believe this 05 officer, you think it is the fault of
the men in uniform's the war is not going well, not the fault of Bush and
his administration?"

No, Arnold.  Judging by Sunil's statement, he (as well as I) holds those
generals in command responsible for the health, welfare, and direction of
the troops under their supervision.  Responsibility starts at the top.  Bush
has a long history of appointing generals whose sole purpose in life is to
oblige George Bush and his whims.  If you recall, and I am certain that you
do, more generals (in command positions) have joined the ranks of the
retired (either forcefully or by choice) these past few years than any
four-year war period in our nation's history.  They are being replaced by
those generals who are willing to blindly follow the policies of George
Bush.

Arnold goes on to imply that Sunil is un-American by stating:

"Sunil, can you say, 'I love my country, the United States of America'. Or
would that be a lie?"

Sunil has NEVER given me ANY reason to doubt his affection for the United
States of America.  Quite contrarily, Arnold, Sunil (as well as I) continues
to show his patriotism by questioning authority.

You see, Arnold.  The opposite of love is not hate.  It is apathy.

And yet Arnold continues . . .

"I am beginning to think that Sunil doesn't like the United States. He seems
to accept any argument against it regardless of validity or harm it brings
to others."

Who on this list, Arnold, argued against the United States?  I recall
several arguments against the government, not against our country

In fact, I believe that Sunil (like many of us) loves . . .

"America"

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Stuff/I_Love_America.mp3

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"I love my country but fear my government."

- Author Unknown