[Vision2020] The UI Friday Letter from UI President Tim White (April 27, 2007)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Apr 27 05:37:48 PDT 2007

Copied and pasted below is the UI Friday Letter from UI President Tim White
for April 27, 2007.

University of Idaho
Office of the President
Moscow, Idaho 83844-3151
Phone: 208-885-6365
Fax: 208-885-6558

The Friday Letter
A Newsletter for University of Idaho Alumni and Friends
April 27, 2007

Dear Friends,

I delivered my annual "State of the University" address yesterday, and
reviewed the compelling evidence of the very real renewal and revival that
has taken firm root at the University of Idaho. From financial health, to
ever-rising student interest, academic quality and distinction, to the
demonstrable impact our people and programs are having on the state, nation
and world, the University of Idaho is truly leading-by any measure.

I thanked our faculty, staff, students and alumni for being part of this
remarkable process of renewal. And I thank you, all of our friends, for your
resilience, pride in and dedication to this special university. Together, as
a community, we have made possible this turning point in the history of a
great institution.

I also talked about the momentum and planning processes that are moving us
strongly and swiftly toward our third century of success. To learn more
about the building for the future that is well underway here, access the
address at www.uidaho.edu, and click on "State of the University:
Celebrating the Renewal."

Tim White
President

Here's the latest news from the University of Idaho:

The College of Education has received accreditation from the National
Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education. That ensures teachers and
advanced educators who earn degrees or certification from the college meet
the highest national standard of excellence in their field. The college
fully meets all standards and remains in an elite group of national schools
of education accredited by the council. Accreditation by the council - which
now extends through 2011 for the University - ensures that teacher
candidates know their subjects and know how to teach them effectively.

"Walking on Common Ground" is the theme for Moscow Community Walk Day
tomorrow, April 28 at 1 p.m. Participants will walk from Friendship Square
to East City Park to promote meaningful connections among all people. The
Office of Multicultural Affairs, the Human Rights Compliance Office and ASUI
are among the many sponsors of the event.

Charles '50 and Patricia '50 Story of Boise have made two recent gifts to
the College of Business and Economics that bring the principal of the Story
Family Scholarship Endowment for business students to more than $100,000.
The endowment provides scholarships for outstanding business students with
financial need. Dean Jack Morris said, "We are so very pleased to see the
investment that the Storys are making in our students' future. The Story
scholarships enable talented and deserving students to gain the distinctive
education that we provide in the College of Business and Economics." The
Storys are graduates of the college, as is their daughter, Karen Story Snow
'80. Chuck worked for 35 years with Chevron and Pat was a successful real
estate Broker. After living in many interesting places, the Storys returned
to Boise in the early '90s and have made many contributions to the
community. Pat Jordan Story is the daughter of the late Grace Jordan and
Idaho's late Governor and U.S. Senator Len Jordan.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

Take care, Vandals.

UI '96

Came a tribe from the north brave and bold . . .

"Here We Have Idaho"
http://www.tomandrodna.com/HWHI.mp3

"I-D-A-H-O Idaho Idaho Go Go Go"
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Vandals.mp3