[Vision2020] Impeach Cheney?

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 26 19:00:20 PDT 2007

I haven't seen this talked about much, but there is a bill (HRES 333)
before the House that calls for the impeachment of VP Dick Cheney for
"high crimes and misdemeanors".  The bill is sponsored by Rep. Dennis
Kucinich, D-Ohio, was launched on Tuesday.  Here are some news stories
on the bill:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18297390/
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/04/24/kucinich.cheney.ap/index.html

You can also go to: http://thomas.loc.gov/ and search for HRes 333 by
Bill Number to read the actual text of the bill.

I'm not sure I agree with it, from a legal standpoint, because the major
areas that are covered probably aren't even illegal.  I don't know how
impeachment works and I don't know if the actions necessarily have to be
illegal or not.  Was anything Hitler did a crime in Germany?  Anyway, he
is accused of lying to the public and to Congress about WMDs, knowing
before-hand that there weren't any, and for saber-rattling against
Iran.  I disagree with his doing all of that, but I don't know that he
should be impeached for it.  Maybe for making torture ok, taking away
habeus corpus, warrent-less wiretaps, and other things that I would
assume are crimes.

It sounds like there isn't much backing for this.  Has anyone run into
this in the news?  I found a couple of news sites using Google, but
didn't find anything on the MSNBC, CNN, or Fox News websites directly
about this.  Maybe it was featured on Tuesday?

Paul