[Vision2020] Is it Infanticide Vs. Abortion? (was: CatholicMajority On Supreme Court)

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 22:17:50 PDT 2007

On 4/24/07, Tony <tonytime at clearwire.net> wrote:
> Andreas, just a quick note to enlighten you as to what partial birth
> abortion entails.  And no, it is not a reference to virtually all abortions
> as you mistakenly claim.  The medical term for this barbaric "procedure" is
> intact dilation and extraction.  The squirming infant is pulled feet first
> from its Mommy until only its little head remains inside.  Then the "doctor"
> unceremoniously stabs the little guy or gal at the base of its skull and
> sucks out its brain, at which point the poor innocent babe's skull
> collapses, facilitating its removal and disposal.  There is no place for
> such murderous behavior in a civilized society.  Those who support the
> continuation of this practice are moral reprobates who should be shunned.

There most certainly is.

Intact dialiation and extraction is, ironically, only performed on
nonviable fetuses that were carried almost to term. In short, it is a
procedure performed on nonviable fetuses *which the mother did not
wish to abort*. Generally, it is peformed in cases of anencephaly: a
neural tube defect where the fetus' braincase fails to form.

Google image search it, if you want to. I did. If you do, it will
become very clear to you why these fetuses are not viable.

Intact D&E is not the only procedure suitable to remove an
anencephalic fetus; however, it is the only abortion procedure that
creates a corpse suitable for burial. Other procedures, procedures
which remain legal -- iironically, it is the fact that these
procedures are medically equivalent that creates the foundation of the
Supreme Court's radically inconsistent docrtine -- create a
miscellaneous stew of limbs and organs unsuitable for burial.

The law that resulted in the ruling is the purest manifestiation of
rank cynicism: it's an exploitation of the courts' misunderstanding of
why the procedure is performed.

-- ACS

 the standard procedure peformed in cases of anencephaly and
exencephaly -- when a fetus' braincase fails to form,