[Vision2020] Wiccans and Courtney's BLog

debismith at moscow.com debismith at moscow.com
Tue Apr 24 11:41:56 PDT 2007

A friend sent me to look at Dale Courtney's take on the Wiccan Pentacle
being allowed on cemetery markers for military veterans. As usual,
Courtney got it wrong. What he shows in the graphic is a phoney Satanist
ritual object, obtained in headshops by Gother-Than-Thou adolescents
trying to shock their parents. I'm sure he did a lot of web-surfing to
find this silly piece of trash.

The Wiccan Pentacle does not appear attched to a plastic skull, nor does
it appear point down. It has nothing to do with devil worship (Wiccans
don't even believe in the concept of the devil), fanged skulls, backwards
prayers, and the rest of the crap Dale watches on late night cable tv. He
should stop scaring himself. And Little Chris Whitmer best hope cemetery
vandaliism is at an all time low, or the authorities will know where to
look for a culprit...

Courtney seems to be an irresponsible hate-monger, and not much of a
Christian. Juxtaposing this laughable and trashy bit of kitsch with an
article about religious tolerence finally being awarded to a truly
persecuted religious minority is amazing. It surely does not speak well
of his own perceived victimization due to his religious beliefs, nor his
wish to have redress.

That image, of course, has nothing to do with the practice of Wicca, but
fact has never loomed large on Courtney's horizon. Doesn't really matter,
as those who take his BLog seriously already had their psuedo minds made
up, and are willing to believe anything ugly about anyone not them.
Everyone with a mind still open is just laughing at him...