[Vision2020] For Wine Connoisseurs

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Apr 22 14:42:08 PDT 2007

For Wine Connoisseurs -

BENTONVILLE, ARKANSAS - Wal-Mart customers will soon be able to sample a new
discount item-Wal-Mart's own brand of wine. The world's largest retail chain
is teaming up with Ernest & Julio Gallo Winery of Modesto, California, to
produce the spirits at an affordable price, in the $2 - $5 range.

While wine connoisseurs may not be inclined to throw a bottle of Wal-Mart
brand wine into their shopping carts, "There is a large market for cheap
wine," said Kathy Micken, professor of marketing at R. Williams University
in Bristol, R.I. "The right name is definitely important."

So, here we go.The TOP 12 suggested names for Wal-Mart Wine.

12) Chateau Traileur Parc

11) White Trashfindel

10) Big Red Gulp

9) Grape Expectations

8) Domaine Wal-Mart "Merde du Pays"

7) NASCARbernet

6) Chef Boyardeaux

5) Peanut Noir

4) Chateau des Moines

3) I Can't Believe It's Not Vinegar!

2) World Championship Riesling

And the # 1 suggested name for Wal-Mart Wine.

1) Nasti Spumante

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"Anyone that buys something at Wal-Mart or Target expecting it to last
doesn't know how to spend money."

- Donovan Arnold (October 3, 2006)