[Vision2020] Supercenter Wal-Mart Vs. Super Walmart

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 22 12:54:12 PDT 2007

Mark,

  "Sure, it's not the name Wal-Mart wants to use, but try saying Wal-Mart SuperCenter three
times fast".

  Please tell us a possible conversation in which you would need to say Wal-Mart SuperCenter three times consecutively?

  Sounds like another hogwash excuse me.

  Best,

  Donovan

Mark Solomon <msolomon at moscow.com> wrote:
  April,

I can assure you that it was not an oversight on our part to refer to
Wal-Mart SuperCenter's as SuperWalmarts. Sure, it's not the name
Wal-Mart wants to use, but try saying Wal-Mart SuperCenter three
times fast. I don't think anyone misunderstood what we were referring
to. Besides, it fits so much better on a bumper-sticker.

I think you'll note, however, that I always refer to actual people
respectfully and with the proper honorific if appropriate. But
despite that horrible ruling from the 1800's that conferred person
status on corporations, I will continue to refuse to accord that them
honor personally.

Mark

At 11:43 AM -0700 4/22/07, April Fingerlos wrote:
>You know what gives all of these arguments a significant level of
>ignorance? The correct name is Wal-Mart SuperCenter, NOT Super
>Walmart. If the correct name of this business was used, the
>arguments would have a little bit more credibility over talking
>about a business that doesn't exist.
>
>Sorry, this has been a pet peeve of mine ever since the whole thing
>started, and I finally can't keep my fingers still. I giggled over
>those bumper stickers and buttons produced with such an obviously
>careless mistake--it made the protesters look really foolish! ;-)
>It's even funnier if you goggle "Super Walmart" and get back all
>those protest sites (including the one for Moscow) and realize just
>how goofy the whole movement has made themselves appear when they
>can't get this key detail correct.
>
>Even if you're arguing vehemently against something you disagree
>with, at least have the respect and integrity to use it's proper
>name within your argument.

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com