[Vision2020] [CORRECTED] Say What?

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Thu Apr 19 11:40:50 PDT 2007

Roger says:
"I don't understand what you are belittling here.  He was praising
Jewish people for being hard working and excelling in free enterprise.
Exactly what is wrong with that?"

Maybe if we'd *heard* the quote rather than just reading it, it would
sound different.  Kind of like that Reggie White speech a few years
back:

>	"When you look at the black race, black people are very gifted
in what we call worship and celebration. A lot of us like to dance, and
if you
>	go to black churches, you see people jumping up and down,
because they really get into it.

>	White people were blessed with the gift of structure and
organization. You guys do a good job of building businesses and things
of that nature
>	and you know how to tap into money pretty much better than a lot
of people do around the world.

>	Hispanics are gifted in family structure. You can see a Hispanic
person and they can put 20 or 30 people in one home. They were gifted in
the
>	family structure.

>	When you look at the Asians, the Asian is very gifted in
creation, creativity and inventions. If you go to Japan or any Asian
country, they can
>	turn a television into a watch. They're very creative. And you
look at the Indians, they have been very gifted in the spirituality.

>	When you put all of that together, guess what it makes. It forms
a complete image of God."

Like Tommy Thompson, I'm sure Reggie White meant well, but it just don't
quite sound right.

DC