[Vision2020] [CORRECTED] Fw: CRAPO SEES CONSENSUS ON ABUSE, CRIME PREVENTION PROGRAMS

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Apr 18 18:32:25 PDT 2007

Mr. Falen stated:

"You [keely] are quite right to say that abortion has nothing to do with the
type of thing that happened at Verginia Tech. I think that you are going to
extremes however to to blame that sort of thing on fundamentalist churches.
Granted that ther are  isolated cases  where this happens. The case the book
"The Burning Bed" was based on is an other example. These are isolated
cases. Most of these people are there by there own chosing and can get out
of the situation if they chose too."

Two things, Mr. Falen:

1)  I seriously tend to doubt that keely was blaming the atrocity which
occurred at the Virginia Tech campus on fundamentalist churches.  I believe
that she was addressing a claim made by NSA President Roy Atwood (while
being interviewed on CBN) that this atrocity may be a result of the
insufficient presence of the Christian religion on public school campuses:

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/140032.aspx

And more specifically:

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Stuff/Atwood_CBN_041707.mp3

2)  What caused me to question your honesty was your statement:

"The case the book 'The Burning Bed' was based on is an other example. These
are isolated cases. Most of these people are there by there own chosing and
can get out of the situation if they chose too."

My interpretation of this statement is that the action taken by the abused
woman in "The Burning Bed" is rarely taken, as they are "isolated cases" and
that such abused women can "get out of the situation if they chose too."

In my opinion, somebody that actively pursues safe, secure options for such
victims would not make such a statement.

Comments?