[Vision2020] Keely chomps and foams

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 17 17:52:54 PDT 2007

I envision a small town newspaper.  A weekly.  In a very small town, perhaps
the size of Colfax.  In this paper is a bi-weekly recipe column written my
one Mrs. Iris Johansen, a life long resident of the community, beloved by
(nearly) everyone.  Occasionally, a reader will respond to a particular
recipe with a comment that perhaps is somewhat like:  "Iris, thank you for
that wonderful recipe!  It brought back memories of my childhood, because
mother used to make the same dish.  It was everyone's favorite.  I seem to
remember, though, that mother used a full cup of sugar, and you only use
2/3.  But I'll try it your way!"  To which Iris responds, "Listen, you
little witch!  I don't care if you don't like the way I cook.  I'll print
any damn recipe I want.  You can't stop me.  You're so used to having it
your way in the kitchen.  No more, sister.  It's called the first amendment.
  Deal with it.  Best, Iris."  Tony, I think we get it with the first
amendment thing.  Carl Westberg Jr.