[Vision2020] Wheaton is a "Model of Courage"

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Thu Apr 12 06:21:41 PDT 2007

>From the Daily News Letters:

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Wheaton is a 'model of courage'

Moscow city government is owned by the residents of Moscow and city
staff are their employees. Jon Wheaton had a clear understanding of this
principle and was fearless in subordinating the interests of city staff
to the interests of the residents. By that I mean he was not afraid to
let the staff know who was boss.

I have deeply appreciated his strong voice for the common good. He
conducted meetings of the Board of Adjustment with great patience,
respect and wisdom.

The residents of Moscow are the losers in the recent very distressing
action by the mayor and City Council to remove Wheaton as chairman of
that board. I urge his successor to remember who they represent and to
use Jon Wheaton as their model of courage.

Gerard Connelly, Moscow