[Vision2020] FW: Del Monte Pet Products Modifies Voluntary Recall List

Saundra Lund sslund at roadrunner.com
Sat Apr 7 09:10:54 PDT 2007

From: Press releases about FDA Recalls [mailto:FDA-RECALLS-L at LIST.NIH.GOV]
On Behalf Of FDA Recalls
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2007 5:58 PM
To: FDA-RECALLS-L at LIST.NIH.GOV
Subject: Del Monte Pet Products Modifies Voluntary Recall List

Recall -- Firm Press Release

FDA posts press releases and other notices of recalls and market withdrawals
from the firms involved as a service to consumers, the media, and other
interested parties. FDA does not endorse either the product or the company.
This listserv covers mainly Class I (life-threatening) recalls. A complete
listing of recalls can be found in the FDA Enforcement Report at:
http://www.fda.gov/opacom/Enforce.html

Del Monte Pet Products Modifies Voluntary Recall List
No Additional Brands Included

Contact:
Michelle Faist, 412-222-8123
Melissa Murphy-Brown, 412-222-8713

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -- April 6, 2007 -- SAN FRANCISCO, April 6, 2007- As a
precautionary measure and in continued cooperation with the U.S. Food & Drug
Administration, Del Monte Pet Products modified its voluntary recall list
today to include additional select code dates in the U.S. market only.  No
new brands are included in this update.

The following product codes and dates are in addition to the codes and dates
previously identified in the Del Monte Pet Products voluntary recall:

Jerky Treats Beef Flavor
TP7B16
Aug 16 08

Dollar General Beef Flavored Jerky Strips
TP7C05 TP7C07 TP7C08
Sep 02 08         Sep 04 08         Sep 05 08

Ol' Roy Beef Flavor Jerky Strips
TP7B08
Aug 08 08

Dollar General Beef Flavored Beef Sticks
TP7C08 TP7C09 TP7C10
Sep 05 08         Sep 06 08         Sep 07 08

Ol' Roy Beef Flavor Snack Sticks
TP7C10
Sep 07 08

Happy Tails Beef Flavor Beef Sticks
TP7C08 TP7C09
Sep 05 08         Sep 06 08

The complete updated chart of voluntarily recalled product codes is below.
Del Monte is confident that all contaminated product sourced with
ingredients from the specific plant in China has been identified and is
being removed from store shelves.  In addition, since the beginning of the
recall in mid-March, Del Monte has discontinued sourcing product from this
plant.

Consumers should discontinue feeding the products with the Product Codes
detailed below to their pets.

Del Monte Pet Products are 100% guaranteed and all returned product will be
refunded.

Del Monte Pet Products customers can visit our Website, www.delmonte.com
<http://www.delmonte.com/> , or contact our Consumer Hotline at (800)
949-3799 for further information about the recall and for instructions on
obtaining a product refund.

As part of the pet community, we value the health and well-being of pets,
and we deeply regret this situation.  We will continue to take any and all
actions necessary to ensure the quality and safety of our products.
Importantly, no other Del Monte Pet Products treats or wet dog food products
are impacted by this recall, and no Del Monte dry cat food, dry dog food,
wet cat food, pouched pet foods or biscuit treats are subject to this
voluntary recall.

Following is a COMPLETE and UPDATED list of Del Monte Pet Products and Best
Buy Dates that have been voluntarily recalled in the United States.

BRANDED

Production Code/Best By Date

Jerky Treats Beef Flavor Dog Snacks

Code:
Best By:

TP7B06
Aug 06 08

TP7B07
Aug 07 08

TP7B08
Aug 08 08

TP7B09
Aug 09 08

TP7B10
Aug 10 08

Code:
Best By:

TP7B15
Aug 15 08

TP7B16
Aug 16 08

TP7C05         TP7C06
Sep 02 08       Sep 03 08

Gravy Train Beef Sticks Dog Snacks

Code:
Best By:

TP7B19
Aug 19 08

TP7B20
Aug 20 08

Pounce Meaty Morsels Moist Chicken Flavor Cat Treats

Code:
Best By:

TP7C12
Sep 09 08

PRIVATE LABEL

Production Code/Best By Date

Ol' Roy Beef Flavor Jerky Strips Dog Treats

Code:
Best By:

TP7B06
Aug 06 08

TP7B07
Aug 07 08

TP7B08
Aug 08 08

TP7C05
Sep 02 08

TP7C06
Sep 03 08

Code:
Best By:

TP7C07
Sep 04 08

TP7C08
Sep 05 08

Ol' Roy Beef Flavor Snack Sticks Dog Treats

Code:
Best By:

TP7B19
Aug 19 08

TP7B20
Aug 20 08

TP7B21
Aug 21 08

TP7C08
Sep 05 08

TP7C09
Sep 06 08

Code:
Best By:

TP7C10
Sep 07 08

Ol' Roy with Beef Hearty Cuts in Gravy Dog Food

Code:
Best By:

BC6M21
Dec 21 09

Ol' Roy with Beef Hearty Strips in Gravy Dog Food

Code:
Best By:

BC7A19
Jan 19 10

Ol' Roy Country Stew Hearty Cuts in Gravy Dog Food

Code:
Best By:

BC6M15
Dec 15 09

Dollar General Beef Flavored Jerky Strips Dog Treats

Code:
Best By:

TP7CO5
Sep 02 08

TP7C06
Sep 03 08

TP7C07
Sep 04 08

TP7C08
Sep 05 08

Dollar General Beef Flavored Beef Sticks Dog Treats

Code:
Best By:

TP7B20
Aug 20 08

TP7B21
Aug 21 08

TP7C08
Sep 05 08

TP7C09
Sep 06 08

TP7C10
Sep 07 08

Happy Tails Beef Flavor Jerky Strips

Code:
Best By:

TP7B08
Aug 08 08

TP7B09
Aug 09 08

Happy Tails Meaty Cuts with Beef in Gravy Dog Food

Code:
Best By:

BC7A29
Jan 29 10

Happy Tails Beef Flavor Beef Sticks

Code:
Best By:

TP7C08
Sep 05 08

TP7C09
Sep 06 08

####

FDA's Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts Page:
http://www.fda.gov/opacom/7alerts.html

https://list.nih.gov/archives/fda-recalls-l.html