[Vision2020] KUOI DJ's loud music silenced

Tim Lohrmann timlohr at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 2 16:45:53 PDT 2007

Below is a note from the KUOI staff concerning the apparent murder of Dave Boss.

  I heard part of Dave's show last Tuesday afternoon.
  He played some older music by the excellent metal band SHADOWS FALL and said he was looking forward to playing their new album, that is to be released tomorrow.

  He never got the chance to hear or play it.

  As it says below, our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.
  TL

              KUOI Staff and family,

  This weekend Dave Boss was shot and killed in his Moscow apartment.  The police don’t have any leads as to who would do such a thing, and the investigation continues.  Dave was a DJ at KUOI.  He was described by many as a great friend, someone who was constantly laughing, and someone who would do anything to help you out.  As a DJ, Dave’s Tuesday radio show was great.  Even if you didn’t like metal you had to chuckle at the Iron Maiden and Danzig songs that were always presented in a tongue-in-cheek manner.  Before he had his own show, he was a guest star of The Jerk Store with Doug and Dizz.  His sense of humor, and his booming voice was a staple of the late night talk show.  He will be missed dearly at KUOI.

  No one we’ve talked to can believe Dave’s gone.  It was said he’d never hurt anybody, and he didn’t have an enemy in the world, adding even more confusion to this senseless act of violence.

  Our thoughts and prayers are with Dave’s family and friends during this difficult time.

  If you have any information or leads about his death please contact Lt. Dave Kwiatkowski with the Moscow police department at 208-885-7072 or Moscow Police dispatch at
  882-5551.

  Tomorrow during his regular timeslot KUOI will be doing a tribute to Dave, featuring the music he loved.  Tune in at 3:30, and if you knew Dave, call and share a memory.

  Sincerely,

  KUOI Staff and Management

  Jon Bobango – Station Manager
  Andy Jacobson – Programming/News director
  Luke Hayhurst – Production Director
  Jered Hewett – Music Director
  Mitch Parks – Webmaster