[Vision2020] Persecution is Part of Christianity

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Sat Sep 30 11:14:34 PDT 2006

Ralph Nielsen wrote in the Daily News

Ed Iverson displays a fair amount of intolerance himself. He claims that
"Muslims worship a different god and behave differently as a
consequence."
But the Pope claims that Muslims and Christians worship the same God.
Which
is it, Mr. Iverson?

gc wrote in Vision2020

Where is the intolerance in the statement that "Muslims worship a
different
god and behave differently as a consequence." This seems self evident. I
don't see any mention of revoking their right to exist or worship. Does
anyone dispute the accuracy of the statement that atheists worship a
different God and behave differently as a result? Also, it seems odd
to call
on a local protestant to answer for statements made by the Pope. Sort of
like me calling on Ralph to answer for remarks made by Leo Tolstoy,
Absurd.

gc

Ralph Nielsen in Vision2020

People like Iverson and his employers seem to imagine themselves to
be the only true Christians, and, consequently, believers in the only
true god. But the Pope claims that Muslims and Christians worship the
same God. Does this mean that the Pope, too, doesn't believe in the
only true god?

For gc to claim that atheists worship any god at all is an oxymoron.
And if he would please read Pastor Roger Lynn's letter again, he will
see that Lynn didn't mention the Pope at all. I see no reason why I
shouldn't comment on Leo Tolstoy or any other famous writer. After
all, I am a librarian. On a personal note, I was very pleased to see
the statue of Leo Tolstoy in the Doukhobor Village Museum last time I
visited Castlegar BC. Blessed are the peacemakers.

Ralph