[Vision2020] [Spam] Re: [Bulk] Re: Taxes and Deadbeats

Tom Hansen idahotom at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 28 11:36:43 PDT 2006

I agree, Mr. falen -

In fact I brought this up a couple times over the past couple years here on
V2020.

We should eliminate federal income tax altogether and simply adopt a 2% to
3% federal sales tax addendum to each state's sales tax.

As it is currently, if a business entity purchases something for use by that
business entity, the purchase is exempt from state sales tax.  We can
maintain the status quo on that, and simply not allow ANY exemptions to the
federal sales tax addendum.  In effect it would drastically reduce, if not
eliminate the national deficit within a reasonably short period of time.

Europe (Germany, in particular) has been imposing a federal "value-added"
tax for quite some time now.  Perhaps we should follow suit.

Tom Hansen
Vandalville, Idaho