[Vision2020] engine tax

heirdoug at netscape.net heirdoug at netscape.net
Wed Sep 27 21:42:08 PDT 2006

Paul,

We already have a tax on fuel economy it's called the 45% of every
gallon of gas bought goes to the federal and local government in the
form of a gas tax. I'm sure you spend upwards in the range of $2225.00
last year in this tax for a car that gets 15 m.p.g. I'll take the
Japanese engine tax in lieu of the gas tax any day if I can get my gas
for $1.65 again.

lemeno, Doug!