[Vision2020] "The Nation" article

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue Sep 26 23:02:51 PDT 2006

Yikes.  If things like this really interest me, no wonder I don't get
invited to more cocktail parties . . .

The most recent issue of The Nation has a cover story on discord at the
Unification Church-owned Washington Times, one of the most staunchly
right-wing and viciously partisan newspapers in the country.  The whole
story is fascinating to old journalists like me, but of particular relevance
is the connection between high-level Times staffers and the League of the
South . . . it's an interesting take on pro-slavery apologetics,
conservative media, and the selling out of putatively "Christian"
conservatives willing to hop into bed with an organization founded by a man
who claims to be the Messiah.

Not that the pro-confederacy movement has any foothold around here or
anything . . .

Anyway, enjoy.  And I really am quite fun.  Just today I bought
grafitti-covered Converse All-Stars for my son, and I'm wearing tie-dye even
as I write this . . .

Nahhhhh, I'm still kind of a curmudgeon -- but one who enjoys a bright
spotlight trained on the neo-confeds and foaming-at-the-mouth right-wingers
. . .

keely