[Vision2020] Salutations

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 21 23:10:52 PDT 2006

Chas,

 It is great to have you back! I hope your emailbox had  a great vacation and the stench has subsided from your last batch of  V2020 emails : )

  Best,

  _DJA

Chasuk <chasuk at gmail.com> wrote:  I was gone, and now I'm back.  Perusing the archives, it seems that
the status quo has been preserved.  I don't know whether I should be
grateful or sad, but at least I'm returning to a familiar place.

For those who care, I'm discarding the word "liberal" and replacing it
with "freethinker" as it pertains to myself.  I know that the word is
antiquated, but it seems to more accurately describe me.

I like this definition from Wikipedia:

"Freethought is a philosophical doctrine that holds that beliefs
should be formed on the basis of science and logical principles and
not be comprised by authority, tradition or any other dogmatic or
otherwise fallacious belief system that restricts logical reasoning."

Strike the words "or otherwise fallacious."   With those words
deleted, I provisionally concur with the freethought doctrine.  I'm
going to try to avoid trolls, trolling, flaming, and even my own
intemperate responses to flamebait.  I won't have time to be amazingly
prolific, which is almost certainly a good thing.

Anyway, friends, acquaintances, sometimes foes, it's good to be a
Visionista/Visioneer/Visionite once again.  I look forward to our
continued dialogue.

Cheers,

Chas

--
"Intolerance betrays want of faith in one's cause." -- Mahatma Gandhi

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com