[Vision2020] Princess Sushitushi & Level Playing Field Quote

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Mon Sep 18 09:19:08 PDT 2006

The Princess Tushi Wrote:

The level playing field of the internet is creating what is really a
different world. The kinds of "hierarchical, patriarchal, and exclusive
modes of story telling that have gone on in homes and churches" are getting
hammered. If the people who are reveling in (or perhaps I should say,
*rebelling in*) all this get their way, there will no longer be a hierarchy
in either the family or the church. They think this is a good thing, because

they are at least as talented as, if not smarter and better than, the people

who have been placed over them as rulers, but the rulers refused to
recognize that by sharing power with them. The idea is, "If the existence of

the hierarchy means I have to submit to *that* idiot, it is better that the
hierarchy be destroyed. A hierarchy that refuses to put me at its apex is
inherently unjust."

Of course, they can't take this approach vis-a-vis the last remaining
government institution -- the institution of the State -- because the State
carries a bigger gun than any individual could wield. The family and the
church don't have guns to enforce their authority, so it's open season. Thus

protected, every knave feels confident in attacking knights with their
words, calling it "leveling the playing field."

How noble.
Princess Sushitushi

Me:  I wanted to note that the Princess is quoting me, and she/he/they are
referring to Wilson's kicking me off his blog, his spiritual abuse towards
me and my family, and Christ Church's expelling my family and I from the
church without judicial procedure or justification.  Ironically, one of the
explanations for doing this is that I'm really an idiot who can't read a
book and is suffering from the illusion that I should pursue a master's
degree.  So that's the broad context of this interesting quote (I have noted
before the Princess's quoting from me without citation).  Often, when a
kirker tries to criticize me they do so by yanking a quote from me out of
context.  I have called this lying.  The context here is close enough, so I
won't call the Princess a liar here - but it certainly tip toes to the line.
The immediate context of this quote was a SLAPP lawsuit from an apparently
corrupt CEO of a not for profit, $10million/year company.  Last year they
spent $64,000 on attorney fees and have now sought to silence a friend of
ours Frank Vance for making allegations against this CEO.  This CEO has
called my site and others pure "slander."  Frank's site is professionally
done and his investigative journalism caused the CEO to do precisely what
some of the allegations predicted him to do:  try to get a prior restraint
on some nobody laymen's website, file a law suit against his freedom of
speech, and clamp off all exposure of their inside practices.  Frank only
pursued setting up this web site in such a way after getting pursued by this
CEO and after getting censored from another site.  One of the things Frank
Vance has trying to do during all this was exposing Douglas Wilson's
injustice and deceit regarding the defrocking of his buddy RC Sproul Jr.
Now we have another pastor, Tim Bayly (another buddy of Douglas Wilson), who
is arrogantly trying to clamp off communication and hurl moral smears
against those who disagree; Tim removed a post from a woman on his blog
after expressing perplexity of what to do with women who disagreed with him,
since he is, as he told me explicitly, a "patriarchalist."  That woman was
banned from another similar discussion group and found a place to give her
side of the story at Pooh's Think.  On the internet, arrogant and powerful
men can't silence publicity and dissent, unless of course Ligonier
Ministries convinced the Supreme Court of the United States to silence Frank
Vance - and I have a hard time believing they will do that.

Noble indeed.  Irony the name "Princess" here, no?

Michael Metzler
www.poohsthink.com <http://www.poohsthink.com/>