[Vision2020] New Senate Report Confirms Bush lied about Iraq Connection al-Qaida, Lied about justification for the war

Jim Meyer m1e2y3e4 at moscow.com
Mon Sep 11 07:37:18 PDT 2006

Ted,
I am embarrassed that nobody else responded to you.

The current number of Americans killed in Iraq is 2666. The total number
of casualties of Americans is about 20,000. Every vision2020 member
should listen to Sen Carl Leven explain the timeline in the report. The
report is damning even with the redactions. I am sure you can Sen Leven
on the CSPAN website. You can also find the entire report.

The facts are that Saddam had nothing whatsoever to do with  911.  There
were no significant weapons of mass destruction and due diligence would
have made it obvious even at the time. In 2003, 70% of Americans
believed there was a link between Saddam and
911.(http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2003-09-06-poll-iraq_x.htm).
Today that figure is still 43%
(http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/06/iraq.poll/index.html). Meanwhile
the war profiteers are making a killing, literally and figuratively.

The American people still believe the lie. They believe that Bush's
illegal war of aggression in Iraq, estimated to have killed between
40,000 and 250,000 Iraqi people, not to mention our own people, is
somehow connected to 911. You may close your ears and eyes, but the lie
remains. The truth is that our president and his cabinet should be
impeached, tried for treason, and tried as a war criminal on a multitude
of levels. And we are NOT safer.....

This past weekend and Monday, with the two-part Disney/ABC docu-drama
about 911 and Bush's free 15 minute speech about 911 on Monday, the
propaganda lie will continue. I am glad you are not one of the 43% that
believe it and I hope other vision2020 members also don't support it.
Our country will only survive if people wake to the facts. To help
others wake up, I challenge them to watch this link in
entirety.http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/41418/ . The anger shown is
appropriate to the circumstances. If you are any less angry, you are
either a stooge, a sheep, or lemming.

It is time to get angry. It is not a pleasant thing--but it is time
because--our country, as we know it, depends on it.

I want to be fair, can anyone give me a rational reason why Bush should
not be tried for treason? For lying about getting us into a war that
killed 2666 Americans and wounded 20,000, waging an illegal war of
aggression, and for not upholding the constitution?

Jim

Today's Topics: