[Vision2020] One Should Have Right To Object To 'Under God'

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 11 05:24:42 PDT 2006

More BAD NEWS for people that are offended by the word "GOD" being  incorporated into the state. It is now also on some of your printed  currency. That is right, George Bush is having the words "In God we  Trust" printed on your money. He is violating the constitutional  separation of Church and State, AGAIN!

 You can protest this  violation of separation of church and state, and tell GEORGE BUSH, NO,  by looking through all your coins and bills and sending every one of  those unconstitutionally BUSH branded with this religious propaganda to  me.

 Every dollar I raise will be a petition to the US  Congress on how much you disagree with BUSH and his forcing of religion  on the people.

  Please send this unconstitutional BUSH currency to:

  Donovan Arnold
  325 Main Street
  Moscow, ID, 83843

  Best,

  _DJA

Paul Rumelhart <godshatter at yahoo.com> wrote:            I'd rather just fight this thing from a religious equality angle.   I, personally, could care less if it's idolatry or not.  I'm  more-or-less a pagan (it's complicated), and the term "God" appears to  mean the judaeo-christian "God" and not just any old "god".  I  don't like the implication that our nation is "under God" in that  sense, especially when we're forcing our children to recite it at  school like some kind of 1984-esque loyalty pledge.  It sounds too  much like brain-washing to me, anyway.

 I don't understand why  Christians care so much about those two words belonging in the Pledge,  especially in a country with express freedom of religion and that was  built in part by people who were escaping religious persecution and who  wanted to ensure that the same thing didn't happen to future  generations.

  Paul

  Taro Tanaka wrote:
Sins can be committed in ignorance, and the fact that they were committed in
ignorance doesn't cause the sin to just disappear, but God in His mercy does
cut us all a great deal of slack for our manifold sins committed in
ignorance. At the same time, the effects of sins committed in ignorance
don't just magically disappear, and when we start to feel those effects
strongly enough, sometimes we put two and two together and realize we have
an issue that we need to repent of.

-- Princess Sushitushi

"keely emerinemix" <kjajmix1 at msn.com> wrote:

I would not say that a Christian who does recite the pledge is committing
idolatry; I am saying that I would be if I were to violate my own
conscience in this matter.

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

 List services made available by First Step Internet,