[Vision2020] Joe Goes Bananas

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Sun Sep 10 07:40:23 PDT 2006

Man, Deacon, it must take you hours to find references of baseball guys named 'Joe' to make your posts! I mean, it is such an unusual name!

Earlier today I googled "Deacon kisses butt" but I didn't come up with anything. I'll keep trying!

--
Joe Campbell

---- Deacon James <deaconblues42 at gmail.com> wrote:

Visionatics,

Joe "Bananas" Benes was called up in 1931 by the St. Louis Cardinals. As an
infielder (2B, 3B, SS), he had 12 at-bats in a total of 10 games. During
that time, he batted .167 (2 for 12), and had a .955 fielding percentage.
Though Joe Bananas wasn't around to enjoy it, the 1931 Cardinals, led by
outfielder Chick Hafey, went on to win the World Series.

Take care,

Deacon