[Vision2020] Plant Rights

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Sat Sep 9 10:40:11 PDT 2006

Greetings:

I would just like to thank my friend and faculty union goon Bob Dickow for sticking up for plant rights in such a clever way.

When my daughter came home from elementary school each day, she would immediately begin a school for her stuff animals.  It was a good way for her to transfer the bossing around she got at school to some other beings.

She found some AFT membershp cards on my desk, and she made each of her fellow teachers members of the Animal Federation of Teachers.  Bob, it looks as if we are going to have to amend our constitution to include plants as well.

The best book (that does not mean convincing)  I've read on this topic is "The Secret Rights of Plants."  I loaned my copy to a student many years ago and I've not seen it since.

I've not chosen to engage in the most recent debate, because I wrote everything that I know in an extensive debate on abortion on this list about a year ago.  A revised statement can be found at www.class.uidaho.edu/ngier/abortion.htm.

Nick Gier