[Vision2020] Animal Rights, Pigs & "Pigs On The Wing

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Fri Sep 8 09:29:26 PDT 2006

Joe

Just a few comments.
On your distinctions between persons and non-persons I would disagree with both a and b. I have seen primates, horses and sheep that have the ability to reason. There may be some animals that do not have the ability to feel pain, but I am not aware of any. In the grand scheme of things almost every thing has value in regard to the ecosystem as a whole. There are a few thing I think we could do with out though, such as the common fly and a few germs.I wont argue intrinsic value.

Roger