[Vision2020] Moscow's terrible sidewalks

areaman at moscow.com areaman at moscow.com
Wed Sep 6 15:30:33 PDT 2006

Pennsylvania says:
"I've seen on the list and the DN many complaints about the lack of
sidewalks on Mountain View. How about the older parts of town? Who do we
complain to?   How can we do something about this? Shouldn't it be in the
street budget?"

There has been discussion about this in the Moscow Transportation
Commission.  Believe me, we know where the sidewalk problems (or total
lack of sidewalk) exist.  It was an interesting story about how the
sidewalk inventory was taken, all by one guy, in flip flops.

I'd attach the minutes of the meetings where the "Sidewalk/Pedestrian
System Improvement Program" was discussed, but it makes for a lengthy
email.  Your best bet would be to contact the City of Moscow Public Works
Department and see if the recommended proposal from the Transportation
Commission was adopted by the City Council, and maybe they can get you a
copy of the plan.

The Transportation Commission has taken this very seriously.  I know our
Council liaison, Bill Lambert, has expressed the need for the adoption of
the plan.  Hopefully he can convince his fellow councillors to accept the
proposed program.

DC