[Vision2020] Vandal football

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 5 07:49:52 PDT 2006

Sports Illustrated's Stewart Mandel re: Saturday's Michigan State game: "
Dennis Erickson is working his magic again. I can’t say I saw Idaho play
last season, but I do know the Vandals went 2-9. If their performance
against Michigan State is any indication, they’re going to be a whole lot
more competitive this year. The Spartans didn’t play badly -- QB Drew
Stanton was steady if unspectacular and the defense didn’t appear to make a
lot of mistakes -- yet Idaho was in it practically to the end. QB Steven
Wichman threw a beautiful fade pass for a touchdown to cut it to 24-17
halfway through the fourth quarter, and the Vandals then stopped MSU on
fourth and 1 on the ensuing series but couldn’t convert from there."  And
now...the Battle of the Palouse.  Go Vandals.....Carl Westberg Jr.