[Vision2020] Safety Concerns

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 3 19:49:05 PDT 2006

"Too bad those responsible for attractive nuisances don't have the good
sense the Lord gave them -- if they did, the *rest* of the caring community
wouldn't have to worry about it and risk the wrath of those in the
community who just don't care."--Saundra Lund

So Saundra, it is the responsibility of every construction
company and builder to do their projects in a manner that
is unattractive to a child and child proof?

I disagree. I think it is the responsibility of the parents or
guardians to make sure that child does not enter any construction
site, just as they they teach them not to play in the street and supervise
those children that do not or are not old enough to understand.

The cost of constructing a house would be prohibitive if it was the
responsibility of construction workers, architects, and drafters to
design projects so a child cannot possibly get injured during the
construction process. Your house would costs about 3 x as much as it does
now, and their would more homeless children.

More children die in car accidents then at construction sites.

Best,

_DJA

Saundra Lund <sslund at adelphia.net> wrote:  Have you never heard of attractive nuisances, Donovan?
http://tinyurl.com/r2ny6
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attractive_nuisance_doctrine

I have no idea of the statistics, but each year children are killed and
injured at construction sites.  IMHO, one *preventable* death or serious
injury to a child from an attractive nuisance is one too many.

Too bad those responsible for attractive nuisances don't have the good sense
the Lord gave them -- if they did, the *rest* of the caring community
wouldn't have to worry about it and risk the wrath of those in the community
who just don't care.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
- Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2006, Saundra Lund.
Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****