[Vision2020] UI selling parcel? (was: Red Door Closing?)

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 2 07:14:38 PDT 2006

I will believe it when it happens. There are about 100 yahoos in this  town that sabotage and block every business opportunity Moscow gets.

  _DJA

Tom Hansen <idahotom at hotmail.com> wrote:  >From the "Local Briefs" section of the August 29, 2006 edition of the
Moscow-Pullman Daily News with a "Thank You" to Saundra Lund for posting
this earlier.

Home Depot still planning move into Moscow market

Home Depot still hopes to open a store in the Moscow area, despite rumors to
the contrary.

Kathryn Gallagher, spokeswoman for Home Depot, said Monday that the
company’s plans to move into the Moscow market have not changed.

Home Depot is working with the University of Idaho to obtain the land for a
store in Moscow, according to Gerard Billington, real estate official for
the UI.

Billington also had heard that Home Depot was reconsidering.

“I heard rumors about the rumors,” he said on Friday. “I became curious and
decided to find out.”

The rumor blossomed on Wednesday, when Moscow developer Shelley Bennett said
at a Moscow Chamber of Commerce luncheon that the home improvement store had
decided not to come because Wal-Mart backed off its pursuit of a super
center in Moscow.

The UI owns the land behind the Palouse Mall where the proposed store would
be located. The university is working on a proposal to present to the State
Board of Education and officials at Home Depot.

“We are still fully engaged,” Billington said. “I think the rumors started
because the deal hasn’t been cleared yet. We have no deadline.”

Seeya rouind town, Moscow.

Tom Hansen
MOscow, Idaho

 List services made available by First Step Internet,