[Vision2020] The Keely Mix/Doug Wilson Debate

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 10:04:47 PDT 2006

> I do not understand your passionate desire to constantly denounce our
> troops, our military and our country, in favor of the tactics of terrorists.
> We all understand that, in a time of war and under pressure, people
> sometimes do things they would not normally do.  We also understand the fact
> that, in the case of our soldiers and military, these times are more rare
> than the standard of actions.
>
> In a hypothetical scenerio, if you were a captured combatant; Would you
> prefer to be a prisoner of war, held captive by any of the Coalition forces,
> or, would you prefer to be a prisoner of the extremist factions, operating
> under no rules of engagement and no rules what-so-ever concerning the
> treatment of prisoners?  Is your commentary going to include some exposure
> of the heinous tactics commonly employed by other side, or, are you only
> interested in exposing the actions of the few, serving our own country, who
> have made an error?

Dick --

Our democracy is responsive to criticism. Terrorists are not. I can
tell you that what Islamic terrorists do is unacceptable, but my
telling you this is not going to make a whit of difference to Islamic
terrorists, who will not be reading what I say and wouldn't care
regardless.

Talking about the government's actions, on the other hand, has a
purpose: changing the behavior of the government.

Also, when did "just a little better than terrorists" become the
minimum standard of the behavior of US soldiers?

-- ACS