[Vision2020] A Question for Roger Falen

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Tue Oct 31 18:01:04 PST 2006

Hi Roger:

I consider you a friend, so I ask this question with the greatest respect.  I read your response to Jim Fisher's editorial, but I don't think that you answered his question completely.

Here is the first paragraph of Fisher's piece: "Latah County legislative candidate Roger Falen says Idaho's public schools should be permitted to teach that man is a created being, not an evolved being -- but only in social studies classes. What does he want taught in biology classes, the reverse?"

Should public school social science teachers teach that human beings are created?  The disciplines of anthropology and psychology assume evolution to be true, so how could that be done?

I'm all for teaching world religions in our schools, but again the teacher would not take any position one way or another on creation or definitely not prefer one creation story over another.

I'd like a little more clarification of your position.

Nick